Social media online platforms quickly reached mass audiences and have grown in influence in just a few short years. With approximately 3.196 billion social media users around the globe, it seems that nearly half of the world is connected to the most interactive platforms available on the planet.
In the United States alone, social media usage among all ages, genders, and demographics have jumped from 7% to 65% in recent years. Businesses and online marketers have taken this into account and have repeatedly reported social media as one of the most important marketing tools available today. And more and more people are arguing for the case that real likes can be bought and still be good.
In this post, we are going to offer tips for keeping business profiles on social media current, trendy, and how to create more viral content for your target audience. So let’s jump right in:
Getting Your Profile Images Right
While all social media pages provide for vanity, it’s important to promote your brand with the right images. Here’s a quick guide to keep profiles safe from low-resolution image problems:
- Facebook: Cover Photo (828 x 456 pixels), Profile Picture (170 x 170 pixels)
- Google+: Cover Photo (1080 x 608 pixels), Profile Picture (250 x 250 pixels)
- Instagram: Profile Picture (110 x 110 pixels)
- LinkedIn: Cover Photo (974 x 330 pixels), Custom Background (1584 x 396 pixels), Profile Photo (400 x 400 pixels – minimum)
- Pinterest: Profile Picture (150 x 150 pixels)
- Twitter: Header Image (1,500 x 500 pixels), Profile Photo (400 x 400 pixels)
- YouTube: Cover Photo (2,560 x 1,440 pixels), Profile Picture (800 x 800 pixels)
QA Your Content
Everything you post on social media is entirely visible to every user, so make sure that your content is constantly being analyzed for quality. Anything subpar won’t do so it’s important to scrutinize all your content to meet expectations. Present your business image with complete honesty and avoid confusing or invalid information. Be precise, be adequate, and never post prejudiced or biased comments anywhere, because it can sink your ship faster than the Titanic.
Deliver Outstanding Posts
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and when it comes to your social media accounts you will definitely need advice for the aesthetics. Here are some tips to keep your content happening and viral on the most interactive platforms available:
- Know your audience well because you will be interacting with them on a weekly, daily, or even hourly basis, who knows. Be their go-to brand for interesting content, even if it’s some oddly satisfying motivational buzz.
- Offer value. There is simply nothing better than listening to others and feeling like a valued customer. Listen to their stories and make them feel their own value in your company’s eyes.
- Take conversations beyond their limits. This will help you gain insights coming directly from your customers, which means everything in marketing.
- Take control of your dimensions, understand your own limitations, and in the end, you need to find things that make people look good. Believe it, ‘good’ sells!
- Understand the importance of SEO. Search engine optimization is your key to the rankings that you need. Not only will it help keep your current customers, but SEO will lead to new prospects. The fruits of SEO labor are fabulous, and yes, SEO is hard work but it’s worth the effort once you see the returns.
- Always measure your performance, and if you haven’t yet, then develop a yardstick to do so. There is no rule of thumb since trends and fashions change, as well as customer perspectives. So keep yourself updated and strike while the iron is hot.
Create a Consistent Online Identity
For your business to prosper online, you will need an identity that leaves an impact on your audience. Stick to a well-thought and well-devised plan. Your brand should have a personality of its own, and your online presence should directly relate to your brand. To keep track of news, trends and the latest industry updates you should think about CenturyLink Bundles for incredible services like high-speed internet that’s beneficial for any business that’s running social media campaigns.
We hope this post has been helpful for keeping healthy and updated social media profiles. Social media is the most viral way that your businesses can reach prospective customers across the world. And while there are other things that you can do to enhance your presence online, let’s keep that for some other time. For now, let the Force Be with You!