Whatever business you do, it will happen at least once or even more that you need to finish something for work while you are out of office.
Maybe your boss will ask you to edit a business document you’ve sent it to him, or the client will request an invoice or something simply will come up urgently that requires document editing.
If you are away from a desktop computer and you don’t want your boss or client wait, the only solution is to turn to your mobile phone for help. Thanks to advanced mobile technology, you can be positive that your work won’t suffer.
Of course, there are certain conditions your phone needs to be of use for business purpose: internet access, full or enough battery and adequate business applications.
While there are thousands of mobile apps for different business tasks, there are some apps that are necessary in almost every work-related situation. Some of these apps you may be familiar with and with other not, but let’s see what apps you need in order to complete your work tasks on the go.
Have in mind that we excluded some apps from the list, such as Gmail, Google Drive and so on, because these apps are by default installed on every phone.
- PDF to Word Converter is a mobile app that converts PDF files to Word which is quite essential when you need to edit a document. Usually all business documentation is sent back and forth in a PDF form which is hard to manipulate with. So this app turns PDF files to .docx and you will be able to edit its content whether it is a scanned PDF or a regular one.
- Microsoft Word is one of the most popular app but worth mentioning, especially because it is necessary if you use PDF to Word converter. Every time you want to edit a file, you can convert it with this first mentioned app and then open the converted file in MS Word app and rewrite what it is necessary.
- Although Siri does great work when you need to search for information on the internet or to call someone, Active Voice app is tailor-made for business people. If you need to type something in the document or to reply to the email, you don’t need to type while walking, just speak and the app will produce the text. It even has translation options, in case your client doesn’t speak English.
- Doc Scan HD is necessary in situations when you have only paper copy of an important business document. If your boss needs that document and you are far away from the office you can scan the paper and send it as a PDF via email, cloud storage or fax.
- Sending important business papers via fax is still popular and needful, but since mobile technology has been developed so much, you can send fax without fax machine. There is a fax app called iFax and it is highly recommended by prominent blogs.
So there you are- five essential apps you will need next time you are away from office, and an urgent work comes up.
Don’t get stressed because you are not behind your computer, you can use your iPhone to send emails and fax to your clients, give feedback to your colleagues, edit documents for your boss and without need to type anything.